Know more about Dust Mites

For most people, while they are disgusting, house dust mites are not actually harmful. However, the medical significance of house dust mites arises because their microscopic cast skins and feces are major constituent of house dust that induces allergic reactions in some individuals. People are allergic to dust mites' wastes products, and almost 50% of them have allergen levels that are high enough to cause sensitivity in people who were not previously allergic to dust mites. In other words, high levels of dust mites and their wastes, can cause previously non-allergic people to develop allergy. In Addition to producing allergic reactions, dust mites can also cause nasal polyps growths within the nose & asthma attack too.

Beds are a prime habitat (where 1/3 of life occurs). A typical used mattress may have anywhere from 100,000 to 10 million mites inside. (Ten percent of the weight of a two year old pillow can be composed of dead mites and their droppings.) Mites prefer warm, moist surroundings such as the inside of a mattress when someone is on it. A favorite food is dander (both human and animal skin flakes). Humans shed about 1/5 ounce of dander (dead skin) each week. About 80 percent of the material seen floating in a sunbeam is actually skin flakes. Also, sofa, bedroom carpeting and household upholstery support high mite populations.

Latest news

Coming Soon !
© 2012 Steamaster Sdn Bhd (706163-X). All rights reserved